When I reflect on our most successful online training projects, I see patterns. The same reasons for shifting from live training to e-learning appear again and again. I’ve never formally made a list, but it turns out someone else has.
In the 2013-14 Towards Maturity Benchmark report based on their annual benchmarking survey, the “key business drivers for implementation of learning technologies” line up almost exactly with the reasons for setting up an online training project.
If you need a good reason for investing in computer-based training to share with your employees or fellow administrators, here are 10 of them.
- Increase access and flexibility in providing staff training
- Increase the ongoing sharing of good practice
- Improve staff satisfaction to aid retention and motivation
- Speed up and improve the application of learning back in workplace
- Reduce time to competency
- Provide a faster response to changing business conditions
- Increase productivity
- Improve induction process
- Improved talent management
- Increase ability to adapt program to individual need/context
GET MORE E-LEARNING ADVICE FROM TALANCE
Join hundreds of fellow decision-makers! Get Talance’s latest updates delivered to your inbox.