- Thou shalt break up long pieces of text with bullets, for it is easier to scan that way.
- Thou shalt use short sentences, even if it feels thou art using more periods than commas. Punchy maketh for better reading.
- Thou shalt bow down and worship thine spell checker.
- Honor the inverted pyramid style of writing. It hath helped journalists for decades for good reason.
- Useth not more than one idea per paragraph. Readers never readeth carefully enough to catch more than one.
The sorry truth about your carefully crafted website copy is that people aren't really reading it. People scan web pages very quickly, and they only pick up bits of information from a few key places, namely top left.
For you, it means you should think like a resume writer when you go to put words on your site: