Most women spend about two and a half years of her live being pregnant, and the rest of her life trying not to be pregnant. Family planning can improve health equity, especially because unplanned pregnancies are much more common in areas of low income and among people of color. Organizations concerned about and dedicated to changing health disparities will benefit from enrolling their team in this course. Includes Family Planning and Wellness Participant Kit.
Health professionals with basic computer literacy.
Type of Course
Online self-guided course
Family Planning and Wellness
- Define family planning and describe why it is important.
- Describe common methods of contraception and how they are used.
- Tell the difference between short- and long-acting methods of contraception.
- Identify common barriers to family planning and strategies for addressing them.
- Provide basic family planning counseling and referrals to appropriate services.