This course provides an overview of health literacy and why it matters, while dealing with cultural differences. It offers practical work and resources to present strategies, including assessment and communication skills, for addressing literacy gaps. Your team will come away with proven techniques to communicate better with people with low literacy.
Also available in Spanish.
Health professionals with basic computer literacy.
Type of Course
Online self-guided course
Health Literacy: A Start
- Define and assess health literacy among clients
- List reasons health literacy is a serious and costly issue in the United States
- Identify different causes of a person's health literacy
- Describe additional ways to communicate health information beyond the written word
- Assess the ability of an organization to address health literacy issues and provide specific suggestions for improvement