AIDS and HIV are responsible for one of the most devastating pandemics in world history. Every year there are 3 million related deaths. This course addresses stigma and builds skills in order to stop the spread of the disease by showing your team how to help people become insured, tested, and treated. It covers definition, high-risk groups, prevention techniques, how to stay healthy, and communication skills.
Health professionals with basic computer literacy.
Type of Course
Online self-guided course
HIV/AIDS: Supporting Community Members
- Explain HIV/AIDS basics
- List the ways HIV can be transmitted
- Describe HIV risk-reduction tools and behaviors
- Describe treatment recommendations for people living with HIV/AIDS
- Identify at-risk populations
- Provide social support by referring to state and local HIV/AIDS support services and resources, including insurance, community-based and clinical testing, case management and community LGBT groups/resources
- Deliver vital HIV/AIDS information and messaging to diverse populations in a non-judgmental and confidential manner