About 75 percent of all U.S. healthcare dollars are spent on preventable, chronic disease. It makes sense to shift from a disease-focused system to a health and wellness system, but most people find it difficult to take charge of their health by giving up behaviors that bring short-term rewards. This course gives your team the knowledge they need to help others change unhealthy behaviors and find lasting motivation for improvement.
Health professionals with basic computer literacy.
Type of Course
Online self-guided course
- Understand the aims and activities of health coaching
- Explore the stages of change and what leads to behavior change
- Identify the core aspects of the Motivational Interviewing (MI) model
- Observe helpful and harmful interactions between client and provider/care-team to develop MI skills
- Given patient-resistant scenarios, apply an appropriate MI-based response
- Explore the use of the importance and confidence scales
- Know how to help a client set an agenda, identify a goal, and develop an action plan