[This little gem is the e-mail newsletter our subscribers just received. Want a slice of this for yourself? Sign up now.]
We’ve got some great tips for you in this year’s very last issue of Talance’s Friendly E-Newsletter for improving your website and online communications strategy:
- Start with our article on how to define your audience (including the most useful questions you’ll have to ask to do so).
- Sign up for our new Websites 1-2-3 package – super powerful websites for your organization that don’t take a super-sized budget (only $1999!).
- Read through highlights from our favorite advice that we picked up on Twitter.
- Find out what everybody loved from our blog in the last month.
Wishing all our friends happy holidays!
Your Internet pals at Talance
Catch is not a one-person game. That game is called Throw the Ball in the Middle of a Field, and it’s no fun.
The same principle applies to launching a new website – you have to have someone to aim to, otherwise, you can expect poor results. That’s why your first step with designing a new website should be to determine your target audience(s) so you can customize your site for them.
How? Start asking questions and see what answers emerge. You can consult whatever demographics information (age range, gender, geography, education, income, hobbies) you already have, and then see if you can develop a clearer profile by asking these questions:
- What does a typical volunteer/supporter/member look like?
- What does an ideal volunteer/supporter/member look like?
- What do many of our volunteers/supporters/members have in common?
- When we started, who did we have in mind as a volunteer/supporter/member?
Websites 1-2-3 gives you an easy to edit website – fast! Get started with a clean, super-powered website hosted on the Drupal content management system (CMS). Then load it up with a selection of free goodies (like a blog or interactive calendar – or both!). Then sit back while we bring it all together with your custom colors, pictures and logo.
It really is that easy.
In honor of our new offering for congregations, here are some highlights from the Talance Friendly Web Tools Blog. Make sure you’re reading http://talance.com/blog and get automatic updates of new articles.
These are our most-clicked and most discussed postings on Twitter. Want to see what we have to say? Follow us: http://twitter.com/talance.
- For those of you wondering what Facebook Connect is “What’s More Awesome than Sharing? Publishing, with Facebook Connect” http://ow.ly/Ffco
- So much interesting info about Twitter, from Pew Internet & American Life Project http://ow.ly/BVKw
- From @rabbijason, on expanding your marketing message with voice mail messages: How about “We’re not in right now, but u can send us a message on Twitter or write a message on a paper airplane & throw it to us.”
- From @katzpdx You are 100% correct. [Social media] should be treated as another marketing channel/tactic
Need Some Help?
Talance has helped clients launch scores of projects, ranging from websites to online newsletters to CRM projects. Please click here to schedule a time to talk about your next project or to request a proposal.
Find Us Fast
Read About Talance
Receive the newsletter. Subscribe Now!
Join Talance on Facebook.
Follow us on Twitter.
Don’t keep this good stuff all to yourself. Click that Forward button and send to a friend.